Ashlee Davison

Go To Goal

(5'8", 5th yr, forward, Maple Ridge, BC; History major)

TWU women's soccer’s all-time leading scorer Ashlee Davison is in her fifth and final year of eligibility, one of three players remaining from the Spartans' first recruiting class for the CIS (TWU Soccer entered the Canadian Interuniversity Sport league, the highest in competitive university sport in Canada, in 2001). In the past four years Davison has played a key role in bringing the Spartans into the national spotlight, none more so than last season when she tallied 12 goals to help bring home the gold medal and TWU's first CIS national championship.

Given the opportunity to reflect on her time at Trinity Western, both in the classroom and on the field, a thoughtful Davison shared the following:

Highlights and experiences over the past four years: I was blessed to be recruited, along with Angela Trauter and Alexis Heinz, to TWU in our first year of CIS women’s soccer. I'm thankful to have been able to be here at the beginning and be a part of a program that has developed so far so quickly. Trinity Western has a great athletic department and supportive community that have made my years here absolutely fantastic.

Goals and future aspirations: With soccer, I want to continue playing at a competitive level for as long as my legs will hold out...career-wise I want to continue learning no matter what I do. I also want to pursue a Masters degree in the area of women’s studies, specifically gender history.

On the women’s soccer team trip with Athletes in Action to South Africa and Zambia:
During a discussion with some women on the Zambian national team, I became aware of some of the struggles these women face. Some have lost both their parents recently, and have no money to finish high school, yet they remain hopeful for a better future and are able to enjoy the simplest things. They are an inspiration. The poverty and corruption is so apparent in Zambia and South Africa that it fuels my desire to commit my life to something meaningful, where I could perhaps contribute to correcting the imbalances of power in various areas.

Advice for her younger teammates: One of the most difficult things I faced when coming to Trinity Western was that I didn’t know myself, and I didn’t know that I didn’t know myself. I thought I had things figured out, but various challenges-mentally, physically, and spiritually-have brought me closer to a more accurate perception of who I am as a person. This allows me to be more self-assured as I look forward to meeting new challenges when I leave TWU. It’s hard to try and live up to other people’s expectations. My advice is: take time to get to know yourself and be yourself.

Last Updated: 2008-01-10
Author: Scott Stewart

JoinSpartans
canadawestTV
Ticket Info
twitter
Facebook
YouTUBE

Upcoming

DateGameTime
MS10-10VICTORIA19:00:00
MV10-10THOMPSON RIVERS20:00:00