Kelly Konrad

Testimony of Faith

Why did you choose TWU?
It's close to home, I can play university ball, and it's a good environment. I'm also doing biology/sciences degree and it's awesome to be able to express my awe for God as I study God's creation.

What are some community service or ministry experiences you've had and what have they meant to you?

TREK, wilderness kids camp, coaching basketball camps-I LOVE kids! It's so fun to see how just a few minutes with the kids means so much to them. I want to teach them and show them God's love as I spend time with them. Also, I'm still a kid in that I LOVE playing and being carefree with them.

2003 Los Angeles YMI, 2002 Calgary missions trip, and 1994-95 Lithuania Christian College Missions have all really impacted my life. As a child while living in Lithuania, I was able to see different cultures and poverty levels. I came to realize how blessed I was at home through seeing the different culture. My short term missions in high school taught me a lot in my personal faith with God. My LA trip was a life changer for me. I was going through hard times and was questioning my faith during this period. God had been slowly answering questions I had before the trip but on the trip was when I realized for myself that God was real and that I can trust him with everything. It was here that I completely surrendered my life to God...EVEN basketball!

What is your favorite Bible verse, and why?

Philippians 1:3 "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" I like this verse because it talks about how God's work is never done in you, and He will keep working in you until the end. This is a good reminder for me because sometimes I want to be perfect or think I should be, and God's like 'NO, I’m still working in you, you are a work in progress. I delight in you now as you are, what you’ve become and what you will become. Don't try and be perfect just keep learning and striving to learn life from me!'

What are your athletic goals at TWU?
Work hard; become a better athlete with every practice and game and reach my full potential. Use basketball as a way to reach out to others and bless them as I play and teach others, like kids at camps I'd coach or people who come watch our games. Play for fun, play with freedom, play for God.

What is your career ambition?
Become a PE/biology high school teacher and coach.

Who has been the biggest influence in your life, and why?
My family--my parents and sister and brother --they've taught me so much and are a big part of who I am today. They've been godly examples to me and were the ones who led me to know Christ, who is ultimately the biggest influence in my life.

What advice would you give to youngsters?
Work hard-give everything your best effort! If you’re working hard there is always someone working harder than you! Hard work is the key to success. But in saying this, remember that there has to be a purpose behind hard work. All your success and goals mean nothing if you don’t have a purpose. Give all glory to God and do everything for him!

What was the greatest moment in your life?
When I chose to trust and follow God on an LA mission's trip in grade 11. I decided to trust him with my whole life, giving him everything: all my worries, fears, and cares AND my game, basketball. Giving over basketball was huge for me because I loved it so much and wanted to control it.

Last Updated: 2008-01-10
Author: Scott Stewart

JoinSpartans
canadawestTV
Ticket Info
twitter
Facebook
YouTUBE

Upcoming

DateGameTime
MS10-10VICTORIA19:00:00
MV10-10THOMPSON RIVERS20:00:00