Trevor Nerdahl

Trevor Nerdahl (Guard, 6’2”, 2nd yr, HKIN)

Flying High

In recent weeks the second year transfer from Briercrest College has taken flight for the Spartans. Over the past two games the 6'2" guard from Caronport, Sask. has led the Spartans by averaging 20 points per game. His play along with fellow backcourt partners Brian Banman, Luke Robinson, Jon Schmidt and Michael Erickson has seen the Spartans improve from 1-7 to 7-7 in Canada West League play.

Why did you choose TWU?
I wanted to attend a Christian university and play university basketball. The classes I was interested in were also offered here and on top of that I also knew the coaches here at Trinity, so it seemed like a good fit overall.

What is some community service or volunteer work you’ve done, and what it has meant to you?
I have coached at basketball camps and done clinics at high schools in Saskatchewan.

What are some ministry or missions experiences you’ve had, and what have they meant to you?
In May 2005, I went to Brazil with AIA on a basketball mission trip. We went around doing basketball clinics and camps for kids and also played a number of different Brazilian pro teams. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I’m hoping to be able to go on some more trips with AIA in the future.

What would you do to change the world, and why?
I would tell people about the Gospel who haven’t heard it yet so they can know about Jesus’ love and everything he has done for them.

What is your favorite Bible verse, and why?
Ephesians 2:8-9 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."
I like this verse because it says a lot about how Christianity is different then other religions by saying we are saved by grace through faith and not from ourselves doing anything. It is a gift from God, and we can’t earn it in any way, it’s given to us.

What are your athletic goals at TWU?
To make it to the national championships in basketball and win a national championship someday.

What is your career ambition?
I would like to play pro basketball somewhere after university for a few years and then go into missions in some way, probably being a teacher somewhere.

Who has been the biggest influence in your life, and why?
My mom; she has always been there to support and encourage me in my life in any area. She always believed in me in everything and has taught me so much.

What advice would you give to youngsters?
Drink your milk so you grow up big and strong, and stay in school.

What was the greatest moment in your life?
When I became a Christian as a child.

List the top 5 people you would like to meet?
Shaq, Steve Nash, Will Smith, Denzel Washington, and A.C. Green

List the top 5 people you admire?
My Mom, My Grandparents, Rodd Sawatzky, Chris Schriek, A.C. Green

Last Updated: 2008-01-10
Author: Scott Stewart

JoinSpartans
canadawestTV
Ticket Info
twitter
Facebook
YouTUBE

Upcoming