Taylor Stuart (5th yr, guard, 5’7”, BHK)

Experience + Athleticism

Taylor Stuart’s game is part playground-style creativity, part in-your-face defense, and all breathtaking athleticism. The fifth-year floor general has taken her game to an entirely new level this season and is averaging a career high of 17.8 points (3rd in Canada West) and 2.78 three-pointers (1st in CW), as well as 1.94 steals.

Earlier in the season she recorded a career high and team record of 35 points in a valiant effort at the University of Regina on November 4th, breaking the previous record of 30 points which she set last season. This weekend she’ll lead her team against UBC in her final home games as a Spartan.

Why did you choose TWU?
Because it’s a small university, it offers great class sizes, and the atmosphere is great. I am also constantly impressed with the effort that all of the athletic staff put into the program.

What are some community service or ministry experiences you’ve had and what have they meant to you?
Helping out at sports camps at Holy Cross High School for the last four years, coaching young kids, and helping to paint my elementary school—I really enjoy giving back to the community and working with young athletes. I also canvas and help raise money with my mom for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.

What would you do to change the world, and why?
I would try to visit third world countries and impact the lives of the less fortunate. I would really enjoy doing this because I would want to see how the Lord is working all over the world. I feel so blessed and fortunate to be living the life I’m living and I believe that sharing my faith with others around the world can make a difference.

What is your favorite Bible verse, and why?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6). This verse just shows me that I have to have faith in the Lord in all that I do.

What are your athletic goals at TWU?
To develop into a role model for other young athletes and to play to my full potential. Also to grow together with my team and develop mentally as well as physically.

What is your career ambition?
To become a high school teacher and to coach at a high level.

Who has been the biggest influence in your life, and why?
My parents, because they brought me up and always believed in me. Without them I know I wouldn’t be half the person that I am today. As well, coaches and teammates for advice, time, and effort.

What advice would you give to youngsters?
Never Give Up!! Just because you are down doesn’t mean that you are out!!!! Try your best to be optimistic with every situation in life, negativity gets you nowhere!!!

What was the greatest moment in your life?
Winning the provincial championship in my senior year of high school. We had a great group of girls who worked together since grade eight. Also when my older brother got drafted by the NY Yankees! I was so proud of him.

Who are 5 people you admire?
Michael Jordan, Jackie Robinson, Mia Hamm, Wayne Gretzky, and Derek Jeter.

Last Updated: 2008-01-10
Author: Scott Stewart

JoinSpartans
canadawestTV
Ticket Info
twitter
Facebook
YouTUBE

Upcoming

DateGameTime
MS10-10VICTORIA19:00:00
MV10-10THOMPSON RIVERS20:00:00