VIdeo Spotlight - Men's Soccer Seniors

LANGLEY, British Columbia - Trinity Western men's soccer senior players Andre Costa, Spencer Schmidt, Brayden Volkenant and Jason Wiens will play their last home game Friday night. SpartansTV talked to each of them and coach Pat Rohla about their experiences at Trinity Western. Each player also sent out a special thank you and stated their most inspirational bible verse.

Andre Costa

“Thanks be to God who, through amazing people, made my Spartan experience an  everlasting one. My family in Brazil, that though distant, gives me daily support. Thank you to our coaches for giving me the opportunity to be part of this program. Thanks to my friends for helping me to carry my burdens and teammates for sharing the daily struggles and joys of playing this game. And thanks to my sweetheart Chelsey for, you know, giving me a chance.”

Favourite Bible Verse:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9:10

Spencer Schmidt

“I would like to say thank you to my parents and my wife for all the support over the years.”

Favourite Bible Verse:

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Brayden Volkenant

“Thanks to Coach Al for recruiting me to Trinity Western. Thanks to Coach Pat for giving me the opportunity to captain the team for three seasons. Thanks to my parents for their support and thanks to my very patient fiancée Katrina for enduring many cold nights on the Trinity Western bleachers.”

Favourite Bible Verse

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Jason Wiens

“Thank you to my mom and dad, friends and family, amazing teammates and coaches, and God for blessing me with the gift of these last five years.”

Favourite Bible Verse:

“And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

-TW-

Last Updated: 2012-10-25
Author: Mark Janzen