Canadian Study Permit

To study in Canada, you will need to acquire a Study Permit. American students, you can apply at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada. The fee for a study permit is $150. 

To receive your Study Permit, you must present the following documents:

1. Your official letter of acceptance to TWU. Be sure to keep your original letter. A copy will not work.

2. A valid passport.

3. Proof of financial support. You must indicate that you can support yourself while you study in Canada. Evidence may include current bank statements, proof of payment of tuition fees, bank draft, letters of scholarships awarded and signed letter from supporters.

4. Payment of the $150 fee.

Remember to request a Study Permit for the complete duration of your studies at TWU, which is usually four years. Keep in mind that Immigration Canada is not obligated to provide an authorization lasting more than one year.

Note: Certain points of entry do not process Study Permits, e.g. the Lynden/Aldergrove border crossing. Check with your admissions counsellor to find out which ports of entry to use.